Sugar and Spice

The journal of a young lawyer's efforts to lose weight and regain her former hottie-ness.

Monday, April 23, 2007

Bikini Boot Camp

Okay team, I'm reupping.

I'm SO PROUD of my committment to working out. With very few interruptions, I've been 3x per week since I joined the gym, and my cardio is AWESOME. I'm RUNNING 2 miles, then biking 5, then spending 10 mins on the eliptical.

My eating, on the other hand, has gotten sloppy.

I'm at 173 (as of this morning- I have to use the first reading on Monday as the "official" for the week). 171 as of this afternoon).

I don't think that all of the "gain" is fat....for the first thing, 167 is my true "all time best", as the 163 was pretty much a temporary fluctuation that never held...and surely I've gained SOME muscle in 2.5 months of HARD workouts (although, I keep reading that you don't gain THAT MUCH muscle)...so I'm going to charge myself with regaining 5 pounds...but 5 pounds in 2.5 months isn't a disaster...it just means that I need to hit it hard again.

Yesterday, I ordered a BIKINI from JCrew....A BIKINI - for those of you reading from home (if, in fact, such people exist), this is my first bikini since the 10th grade. This is HUGE.

I don't really feel confident enough to wear it yet, but I feel CLOSE to confident enough. I'd like to lose 20 more pounds before I have to wear it (going to Miami in July)...15 is close enough for me...If I can get in the 150's I'll risk it...

To that end, I'm going to 1) straight water , 2) Stricter eating (although I'm still sparking everything, I'm still "fudging" a handfull of nuts or chips, etc. here and there), and 3) adding back in some weight training and crunches (even though I HATE them).

Anyhow, starting as soon as it comes (hopefully tomorrow), I'm going to subject y'all to it and to my progress..

Bikini Boot Camp has begun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home