Sugar and Spice

The journal of a young lawyer's efforts to lose weight and regain her former hottie-ness.

Thursday, October 26, 2006

TRIUMPH!!!!!

I FINALLY hit 175.
175 is my official lowest adult weight. Honestly, I haven't seen that number since before I graduated from High School. I am SO excited! It is only 5 pounds less than when I was in Scotland, but it was a hard-fought 5 pounds! Unfortunately, I've been celebrating by eating at the top of my range! (at the top- but not over! I was ONE calorie shy today *g*)

I am revising my "New York" goal to 170. I'd LOVE to be 164, but my weightloss has still slowed down. I'm already busy firming up strategy for the Holidays. "Mindless" eating is a huge problem for me! Fortunately, we are having Thanksgiving here in Kentucky. Holidays with my family are generally modest affairs. We go to mom's, eat, and come home- usually 2 hours start to finish. Christmas is what I'm REALLY dreading (food-wise). We will be at Jess's mom's house. His mother is a doctor, who doesn't believe in cooking with refined sugar, butter or salt, and is forever sneaking in wheat germ and tofu. I don't mind healthy food, but bland, horrific healthy food generally sets me off on a binge. I've literally taken to PACKING food to take to their house, and/or creating a fake errand that I need to run and pigging out in a drive through. I know it's disgusting. I should LOSE weight when we stay with her- but the opposite is true!

The other problem is that, in a strangely counter-intuitive twist, at Christmas time her house is PACKED with sweets that come from somewhere else: huge boxes of cookies and fudge and toffee...which my binge-wired brain can't get enough of!

They are coming to visit this weekend. I'm having trouble fitting all of my workouts in- I need something I can do indoors! I'd love to join a gym but (yes, I DO live in BFE) there aren't any here. I ran twice (2.5 miles each time, go me!) and meant to run today, but had to pick up Susie instead. I'm going to try to get a walk in tomorrow at work and, possibly, run or walk with my in-laws when they are in town on Saturday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home