Sugar and Spice

The journal of a young lawyer's efforts to lose weight and regain her former hottie-ness.

Saturday, October 14, 2006

A tie still isn't a loss...

178
178
178!!!!

Okay, I HAVE to stop standing on the scale every time I walk by (and, next time, I will make sure that the scale I purchase hasn't been implanted with a secret program designed to DRIVE ME INSANE!!!- no matter what- if I've just peed, taken off my clothes, added my clothes back on, etc. the number stays the same! I KNOW it is toying with me!) and I HAVE to devise a strategy to lose less than 2 pounds A MONTH!

Yes, I know that holding steady is a GOOD thing- but my motivation is SERIOUSLY waning. I've GOT to break out of my rut! New York Goal already seems like something of a lost cause :(

Anyhow, I was looking over my Sparkpage today and noticed something that I should have noticed before.

Let's take a look, shall we?:

breakfast:
Duffy's Crumpet, 1 serving
Honey, 0.33 tbsp
Country Crock, Shedd's Spread Country Crock Plus Calcium & Vitamins (Soft),
Tea, brewed, 8 fl oz
Granulated Sugar, 2 individual packet
Tennessee Pride Sausage Links, 0.5 serving
Cookie Crisp Cereal (corn with other grains), 1 cup

lunch:
Heiner's 35 calorie bread, whole-wheat, 1 serving
JIF creamy peanut butter, 1 tbsp
Ruffles Light, 2 oz
Newtons Minis Strawberry, 0.5 serving
Tollhouse Chocolate Chip Cookie, 1 serving

dinner:
Luck's Pinto Beans, 1.5 serving

snack:
Kroger Cherry Cheesecake Yogurt, Lite, 0.5 serving
Pop-Secret 100 calorie Pop Butter popcorn, 1 serving

CALORIES CARBS FAT PROTEIN
Totals: 1,102 184 32 33

At first glance, not so bad! It is WELL within my calorie and fat range for the day, at least...but it's ALL CARBS! On top of that, it's really just the same empty-calorie JUNK that I was eating while I was fat, only in smaller calories. I don't think that I ever noticed before what I was doing. I KNOW that carbs make me hungry. I discovered that years ago: a peanut butter sandwich and a banana will tide me over all day. A bowl of sugary cereal will have me hungry in half an hour- but I haven't been applying what I learned.

Ugh.

Well, I think that I know what to do, at least: 1) go back to planning my meals in advance more carefully and 2) concentrate on QUALITY as much as quantity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home