Sugar and Spice

The journal of a young lawyer's efforts to lose weight and regain her former hottie-ness.

Monday, May 07, 2007

Day...ugh.


169 again. *sigh*
Then again, I earned it.
This weekend was a DISASTER (not capital "D").
I started out meaning to be good by making a huge vat of my famous "magic soup". It's delicious and low-cal...the only trouble is that it is mega-high-sodium, so I was reluctant to do it so close to weigh-in day ( a reluctance which appears justified!). Anyhow, I ended up snacking on carbs ALL DAY on Saturday...soup and sugar-cinnamon pita chips...stayed within my calorie range, but set myself up for the carnage of Sunday.

Sunday BEGAN with Movie Theater Butter popcorn and ended up with a freshly baked layer cake. Dear Lord- do you KNOW how many calories are in layer cake? No? Well, I won't ruin the rest of your life by telling you....a LOT- which, coincidentally, is the same amount of cake that I ate. Frankly, I was astonished to see anything in the 60's this morning when I stepped onto the scale.

I meant to be back on the wagon today, but it ended up going all to hell. I was set to go to court in Carter County all day- but got called to the bench. My secretary had sent a message that Susan was sent home from school for being sick, SO I had to make the drive back and spend my entire day at home NOT working...I didn't have much juice at the gym tonight. I ran (well, WALKED for 15 mins, ran for 10 :$) and then decided I would try the weights instead of doing the bike and the eliptycahoweveryouspellit. Ugh. It is AMAZING how quickly you (meaning I) get weak! I could barely lift my gym bag and I lifted an embarassingly small amount of weight!

Ah, well...I'm within my calories this week. I'm going to put in a white strip and then my retainer in the hopes of staying on track.

2 Comments:

At 9:44 PM, Blogger sarah said...

Well, you look good, even if you're feeling crummy. No one can tell you're (whatever weight) by looking at you, anyway. My weekend was disaster, too, but a yummy disaster at least. Pizza Hut (thanks, you totally inspired me to order after I read your other post!), and cupcakes for dessert. Then more pizza for my cupcake's dessert. Ah, well. Back on the wagon, indeed. I wish you could move here and be my excerise partner. We'd probably end up as eating partners, though. Sigh.
I hope Susie's doing okay.

 
At 7:54 PM, Blogger alex teo said...

hey stephanie
just wanted you to know that Tom Devoe is done. you can view it at: http://toyhaven.blogspot.com/2008/07/peacemaker-1997-starring-george-clooney.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home