Sugar and Spice

The journal of a young lawyer's efforts to lose weight and regain her former hottie-ness.

Tuesday, June 08, 2010

THIS is what happens when you don't post for...uhm...three years

Not that anyone out there is reading, BUT....

It is probably well past time for an update! The SHORT version of events is that I gained almost all of my weight back again. I flirted with 220 a few months ago. It was...not fun.

It is strange how FAST regain seems to happen. One day, your jeans are a little snug (obviously left in the dryer too long). The next day, you decide to wear sweatpants...two weeks later, you are riding one of those little scooters at Wal-Mart...it is BAD!

Apart from getting fat, I made some other changes- got a divorce, changed jobs, moved 2000 miles away- you know, just a few little things.

In any event, I am trying to get my weight down again...there are a lot of reasons (among them the fact that I need to trap a new man now that I am a single gal ;))...mostly (and this is me being honest), I just want to feel like a grown up who is in control of myself.

I 100% believe that a lot of people who are severely overweight- possibly even MOST- are victims of things beyond their control: slow metabolism, underactive thyroid, injuries that prevent excercise, etc....I am NOT one of those people. I am a TOTAL binge eater- a LAZY binge eater, since I CAN stay in control, I just get distracted too easily. Impulse control is a huge issue for me, and I want to address it in all areas of my life- the "food" bit is just the easiest to blog about.

So...should anyone stumble across this by accident and take an interest, as of 6:30 AM, I weighed 205.5 pounds. I had a decent day eating-wide. Started off with peanut butter on melba toast (with a naughty little sprinkle of mini-chocolate-chips), lunch was penne pasta and a100-calorie pack of lorna doone cookies. Dinner was a handful of Rainier (okay...2) cherries and Cooking Light Fettucine Alfredo (and some stolen handfulls of my daughter's Target popcorn)...ended up about 1295 calories....ZERO veggies and hardly any protien, so there is clearly room for improvement, but at least there was a calorie deficit.

I will try to update soon (and possibly even take a stab at writing something interesting).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home