Sugar and Spice

The journal of a young lawyer's efforts to lose weight and regain her former hottie-ness.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Slow and Steady...

I think I'm going to choke the next person who says "Slow and steady wins the race". Yes, looking back, I probably won't remember how MIND-NUMBINGLY SLOW this is getting, but for now, it is REALLY getting old.

Despite upping my running, despite staying well under my 1500 cals per day ALL week, despite maxing out on calcium and fiber, DESPITE drinking all of my water, I only eked out a one pound loss?

I'm a freak of nature- I COMPLETELY defy the "one pound=3500 calories" formula.

Okay, I know I need to focus on the positives or I am going to let myself get discouraged. I'm not actually giving UP any ground- that's good. This weekend I had the WONDERFUL experiences of fitting into a stack of 10's that my mom was throwing away (okay, they are "mommish" 10s, not high-fashion ones, but STILL!), and I also learned that I have a new motivation. Next Christmas (not this one, alas) we are all going to St. Thomas on a big family holiday. Jess's grandparents have booked out the whole Inn where they usually stay, so that's going to be fun. My "Long term" goal is going to be to wear a bikini- which I haven't done since I was 16 years old!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home