Sugar and Spice

The journal of a young lawyer's efforts to lose weight and regain her former hottie-ness.

Wednesday, June 09, 2010

The law of conservation of matter does not apply to my body...

205.5 again this morning...after a day of PERFECT eating and excercise...I even had some fruits and veggies (are Ranier Cherries fruits or candy? I can't decide)!

I have been on enough diets (BELIEVE ME, I've been on enough diets!) to know that these "stuck" days are part of the game. It is one of the primary arguments in favor of weighing in once per week. On the other hand, when I DON'T weigh in every day, I have a tendency to fudge things more than if the scale was "keeping me honest". It is a dilemma.

I had another (mostly) good day. Had the usual (peanut butter on melba toast) for breakfast, but threw in a nice banana. For lunch, I took one of those Hormel "shelf stable" meals...I swear that I TRIED to choke it down...but I couldn't. It looked too much like a sponge, floating on a glistening puddle of snot (appetizing, yes?)...I threw it away and had two packs of Lorna Doone 100 Cal treats...needless to say, carb loading was a HUGE mistake- I have determined that I am super sensitive to sugar highs/lows...but there was no other choice. A major downside of living on an Army post: Your food choices are Burger King, Pizza Hut and Popeyes Chicken...none of those places really appealed to me even BEFORE I decided to get healthy...if only I was a soldier/dependent- then I could, at least, swing by the commissary or the shoppette to pick up something decent (driving to the nearest off-post grocery store is pretty much made of fail). In any event, until I buckle down and buy a mini-fridge, I am stuck with shelf-stable lunches....any ideas?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home