Sugar and Spice

The journal of a young lawyer's efforts to lose weight and regain her former hottie-ness.

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I am overweight!!!! Hooray!

Hello, strangers (IF anyone was following my blog, I'm sure that they would have given me up for lost by now!). I'm back with the shocking and wonderful news that I am STILL on the wagon, along with the even MORE shocking and wonderful news that it is working...This morning, I tipped the scales at 193 pounds (well, 195 per scale, but scale claims that, with absolutely nothing on it, the air weighs 2 pounds. Also, the scale in Hawaii when I went skydiving was a full FOUR pounds below my evil scale, so I feel like it is a fair estimate).. Rather than fitting into the grim-sounding category of "Morbidy Obese", I have slipped down into plain old garden-variety "overweight"! HOORAY!
No. Seriously. HOORAY! I am legitimately excited about being "overweight" after so long as full-on fat. It is taking me a LOT longer than I wish, BUT I am maintaining a positive attitude. I am keeping in mind that this is a long-distance race and not a time trial...sort of like when I finished the Army 10-miler. No one was impressed with my time, but I went the WHOLE DAMN TEN MILES.
I have a few challenges coming up. Starting yesterday, mama is in town. We are leaving tomorrow for a road trip to the Grand Canyon. After we get back (flying home on Sunday), she is taking my baby girl back to Kentucky :( Vacation/depression has, in the past, been a deadly combo, BUT I am determined to stay on track! I am going to spend a week wallowing. After that is over, I intend to pick up with running. We shall see....
In parting, enjoy this picture of "overweight" Steph, rocking a new Target dress.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home