Sugar and Spice

The journal of a young lawyer's efforts to lose weight and regain her former hottie-ness.

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Scale Obsession

Ok. I lied about staying off the scale. I peeked. 205.0 today...so down another .5 pounds, IF I believe my scale...and I'm not sure that I do.

My current scale is remarkably temperamental. If I step on with my right foot, instead of my left, it can tweak the measurement down about half a pound. I can also adjust the measurement by moving it from one side of the bathroom to the other. I KNOW that this leads to inaccurate measurements...but I still resort to those tricks when I need a psychological boost.

I wish that I could follow the advice in weight-loss books and concentrate on my measurements instead of my weight. That's what REALLY matters, after all. My measurement changes aren't typically very dramatic, since I am one of those people who loses/gains/retains pretty much evenly. Don't get my wrong, I'm grateful. I think I look better than I should for someone over the 200 pound mark:
Obviously there is room for improvement...TONS (I mean that almost literally :P).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home